Son’s Heartwarming Gift to His Mom: Donates Hair After 20 Years of Her Brain Tumor Battle!

What started as a joke turned into one of the most amazing gifts a mother could ever receive from her son.

Matt Shaha, from Arizona, spent nearly three years growing out his hair to make a wig for his mother, Melanie, who lost her hair after receiving radiation treatment.

“It’s a no-brainer,” Matt said. “She gave me the hair in the first place.”

Melanie had been battling a benign brain tumor for years. She had two surgeries in 2003 and 2006 to remove the tumor. But in 2017, when the tumor came back, she had to start radiation treatment.

“I asked my doctor, ‘Will I lose my hair?’ and they said ‘No,’” Melanie said.

But three months later, she did lose her hair.

“It’s hard when you don’t have hair. People can say things that hurt your feelings,” Melanie told Today. “I don’t mind being sick, but I mind looking sick. I’d rather blend in at the store.”

Not long after Melanie started losing her hair, her 27-year-old son Matt jokingly said he would grow out his hair and make a wig for her.

Even though Melanie thought it was a sweet offer but didn’t want to burden him, Matt was serious about it. He spent the next two and a half years growing his hair long enough to make a wig.

When Matt’s hair was long enough, he and a few coworkers went to his mom’s house to cut it off. Melanie said, “We were super pumped, and when they started cutting, we bawled.”

Matt even paid $2,000 to have the wig made. They found a wigmaker who hand-stitched the hair to make it lighter and more comfortable. Once the wig was delivered, Melanie had it cut and styled.

“Seeing her in it was the first time I had seen my mom look like that since she lost her hair, so it’s been about four years,” Matt said.

Melanie loved her new look and felt deeply touched by her son’s gift. “It sure fills your emotional cup,” she said.

Look at the joy on Melanie’s face! Even Matt is beaming with happiness. I love this for both of them and their family.

Please share this heartwarming story.

KING CHARLES’ HEALTH TAKES A TURN FOR THE WORSE: REPORTS SUGGEST AN ‘INEVITABLE END

Even though it might seem like King Charles is getting better, experts say he is still very ill, and the palace is preparing for his funeral.

The plan for dealing with the king’s passing, known as Operation Menai Bridge, is already in place. This plan is being prepared because there is a chance the 75-year-old king, who is fighting cancer, might not recover.

Read on to find out why the plans for the king’s funeral are moving quickly!

Getty Images

When Queen Elizabeth II became queen in 1952, preparations for Operation London Bridge began soon after. This plan covered everything that would happen after her death, including how to announce it, the period of mourning, her state funeral, and how King Charles III would become king.

Despite just becoming king in 2022 after the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles III’s time on the throne has been overshadowed by his health issues. As royal experts report that he is still very sick, preparations for his funeral are moving forward. This situation is bringing urgency to the plans, known as Operation Menai Bridge, which outline the steps following the king’s death.

In January 2024, less than a year after his coronation in May 2023, King Charles underwent a procedure to treat an enlarged prostate. However, by February, the palace announced that he had been diagnosed with cancer.

In a statement shared on February 10, 2024, through the royal family’s social media, Charles expressed his gratitude for the support and well wishes he received, noting that such kind thoughts are a great comfort to those affected by cancer.

In his statement, King Charles also mentioned how sharing his cancer diagnosis has helped raise awareness and support for cancer organizations. He expressed deep admiration for the work of these organizations, which has grown stronger due to his personal experience with the illness.

During King Charles’s treatment for cancer, the king’s eldest son, Prince William, took on additional royal duties. He also provided emotional support to his wife, Kate, who announced her own cancer diagnosis in March 2024.

A source reveals that Prince William has taken on more responsibilities and is now involved in many of the decisions, as King Charles continues to struggle with his health.

The king has recently resumed public appearances, but he’s finding it difficult. According to the source, his appearances are shorter than usual. After each engagement, he is quickly transported by helicopter and then needs to rest.

The source also notes that, despite it being an uncomfortable topic, the plans for King Charles’s funeral are being prepared due to his worsening health.

The Daily Beast reports that there’s growing concern in the palace, with friends finding it hard to stay positive. A close friend said, “Of course, he is determined to beat it and they are doing everything they can, but he is really very unwell. More than they are letting on.”

Operation Menai Bridge, the plan for the king’s death, is being regularly updated, similar to the plan for Queen Elizabeth II’s passing. This plan ensures a smooth transition of power and includes specific codewords for all members of the royal family.

When the time comes, the late king will lie in state at the Palace of Westminster for mourning, and he will likely be buried in the royal vault at King George VI Memorial Chapel in Windsor Castle.

The palace is preparing a funeral fit for a king. “The palace may seem to suggest that Charles is improving, but he’s still very sick,” an insider told In Touch in an August 2024 interview. “Officials are making sure the funeral meets his wishes and proper protocol.”

Let us know what you think about this story and share it with your friends to see what they think!

Related Posts

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*